Why Tracking Your Reviews Matters
Simple Steps to Avoid Bad Reviews:
- Follow up with customers and solicit specific feedback immediately after the sale.
- Make it easy for customers to complain – train your staff to always be open to feedback and empower them to provide on-the-spot solutions.
- Make a complaint form very obvious on your website.
- Respond to every review – reach out and go above and beyond to resolve complaints.
- Keep lines of communication open with the local competition to avoid spam reviews.
Consider these stats which demonstrate the power of negative reviews online:
64% of consumers search for online reviews before making a purchase, and 80% report that negative reviews online have made them change their mind about about purchasing a product or service that was recommended to them. That means that negative reviews can overcome the power of even a good word-of-mouth recommendation.
So What’s The Good News?
The good news is that positive reviews are equally powerful, in that an even greater percentage of consumers, 87%, report that positive reviews reinforce their buying decisions.